A balconette bra is a classic shape of bra cup different
than others. Indie bra labels can create as many shapes
of cups as their imagination takes them, but there are
several basic shapes of bra to start with.
To start with the balconette bra:
To recognize a balconette bra you will have to look at the shape of the cups. If the cup top edges of the bra are horizontal or almost horizontal, you have a balconette bra in front of you. The underwires in that style of bra are like a half-circle. The balconette bra is great for small to medium bra sizes. From the size 34E/36E, it is not the style recommended because the weight of the bust will bring the bra to seat further from the body and will not offer good support. It is a style that enhances the top part of the breast, making
the bust sexy and round. It is a shape that was used a lot in the 18th-century corset. The name comes from, the word “Balcon” in french which means “balcony“. For plus-size women, there are several options possible
in the case, the customer would like a balconette bra. Please contact me and I would suggest how to custom order a bra that is balconette but still offer support and a beautiful neckline.
Here a quick look of the other bras shapes you can
Full cup bra: The full cup bra is a shape of a bra cup that offers the most coverage. For plus size bra, this is often the preferred one as it offers comfort and support.
• The plunge bra: The plunge bra is great for all sizes of women. You will recognize a plunge bra, with the deep neckline of the center front. The height of the bridge (center part of the bra) is quite low compared to the other styles.
• The maternity bra: The maternity bra lets you clip and unclips the top part of the cups to reveal the breast and allow breastfeeding.
• The minimizer bra: The minimizer bra is built and designed to spread the bust toward the sides, instead of towards the front. The bust being spread looks smaller.
• The push-up bra: The push-up bra has padding in the side or lower part of the cups to create a shape of bust bigger than your usual size. It is
also pushing the bust closed to one another. It is sensual but only for small bust.
• The padded bra: The padded bra can have all the shape of cup as above but while the cups can be soft (stretch or non-stretch) the padded bra covers the nipple in order of a discrete look on very tight close. While there are the different thicknesses of padding, even with the smaller thickness, it is adding some volume to the bust, that is why most plus size bra cup women don’t choose that style.
• The demi-cup bra: the demi-cup bra is a bra that sits right at the nipple level. It reveals half of the nipple for a very sexy look. It is generally on the base of the balconette bra.